Friday, July 17, 2009

Easy-Peasy Pork Stew

Yesterday night, my dinner was waiting for me at home. The moment I stepped into the house I could smell the wonderful pork stew and my stomach started to growl - this was after I screamed and ran around in the garden from the sight of 2 tiny black squirrels jumping from the roof; Polar bear looking at me from the window with a wide grin and mouthing "poor Vivian".

Anyway, back to my dinner story. This wonderful dinner was courtesy of my wonderful new toy, the slow cooker. Before I left for work, I dumped some pork, celery, carrot, mushroom, bay leaf, dry onion soup mix and a can of undiluted Campbell mushroom soup and 50 ml of water. It was cooked on the low setting for close to 10 hours.

It was so good that this time around, we had no left-over for lunch.

No comments: